Friday, January 18, 2008

Subaru Of America Executive Demos!

I enjoy selecting vehicles to add to our preowned inventory. That is one of my roles here at the company. I fly to Florida, Ohio, Chicago and other places seeking Subaru of America "program cars" and executive demos to offer our clients. I love the Subaru of America demos because they offer completely loaded vehicles, with all of the toys, in excellent condition. These are the cars driven by the executives and regional managers of Subaru of America. Some are even "preproduction cars". Well, I just returned from a Subaru of America factory auction and found some of the nicest vehicles I have ever purchased for our customers. When I select a vehicle, I do my homework. Condition reports are available on these vehicles - on line - so that I can get some information on the vehicle and if it ever had damage or repairs. I then look up the options on the vehicle. When I arrive at an auction, I arrive a couple of hours early. That way, I can walk out to the vehicle and look at it personally. With these auctions running thousands of cars a week from all different manufacturers, it takes some time to find these cars! When I personally inspect the vehicle, I visually look at all of the panels of the vehicle, starting at the front. I also incorporate the use of a "paint meter", which is a device that measures the thickness of the paint. That way, I can see if there was ever repaired damage to a vehicle. For example, if a front fender measures 6.0MM in thickness, which is consistent with the rest of the car, and a door measures 9.0MM, there is a likelihood that the door was repainted. I then look at the interior, under the hood, the tires, the trunk and just about ever other area of the car. Getting to the auction early is of real importance to me. If you wait until the auction starts, you really have no more than a couple of minutes to look at a car. I want some more time to ensure that Premier Subaru is offering the highest quality Subaru vehicles to our customers. I am so excited about the vehicles that I currently purchased. We price these cars very aggressively and our customers actually seek them out and "order the type of car they want!" For example, I purchased a Subaru of America Factory Executive Car last week - a virtually brand new 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited with Navigation. This car, in the all-new Deep Bronze Metallic, is absolutely flawless in every way. It is awesome. It is so nice, that I have had it parked on our showroom floor. We are able to offer this car to our customers at a discount of over $5,000 over a new one.

So, please remember to see us and check out our website to view our constantly changing inventory. My desire is to ensure that I have a car for you - at a price point that is right - and all of the confidence of me and our organization!

No comments: